Our method uses pencil & paper.
Less screen time is better for everyone, and writing by hand creates better memorization.
Our system gives you structure.
All our booklets are sequenced in a step-by step layout with mastery standards.
Gain real academic progress.
Use all this extra time at home to make excellent strides in math and reading while school is disrupted.
Gideon Math and Reading – Carrollton
Regular Class Hours
Monday: 4 PM – 7 PM
Tuesday: 4 PM – 7 PM
Wednesday: 4 PM – 7 PM
Thursday: 4 PM – 7 PM
Saturday: 10 AM – 1 PM
New student placement evaluations are done by appointment. – LINK
Monthly pricing is $120 – $140 per subject with discounted packages for both subjects.
At what age can my student start attending?
- We work with students aged four and up who are able to focus for 10-15 minutes.
How many times a week will my student come to the center and for how long is each visit?
- Most students attend twice a week for center visits and complete Gideon assignments at home the other days. However, you can come once a week or request extra classes for an additional fee.
- Each center visit is typically 20 - 30 minutes per subject to do individual daily assignments, complete any old corrections, and review new material. A Gideon instructor will be at the table with the students to assist as needed. We maintain a 2:1 student to teacher ratio for Young Learners (aged 4-8) or 4:1 ratio for Independent Learners (aged 9 and up).
What level of work will my student be doing?
- During the free placement evaluation, we will find a 'just right' point in the Gideon curriculum based on what skills your student shows as mastered in order to fill any holes and gaps in his foundation. Read more about the importance of mastering lower levels HERE. Download a full curriculum listing HERE.
- Our goal is to build confidence through mastery with progress right from the start to encourage focus and concentration.
Does Gideon work with students with learning differences such as dyslexia?
- Yes, the Gideon program works well for most students, including those with learning differences. While school must continue on its schedule, we have the luxury to allow the student to set the pace and do any extra practice needed to truly master each level. If your student has dyslexia, read THIS to find out why Gideon is a good solution.
Does Gideon work with students with special needs such as autism?
- Yes, the Gideon program works with many special needs students. We can evaluate further if Gideon is a good fit when we meet your student during the free placement evaluation.
How do we get the MOST out of Gideon?
- Simply doing the daily work consistently will result in great progress, but review these tips for parents HERE.
The primary goal of Gideon Math and Reading Center in Carrollton is to provide tutors in mathematics and reading. These subjects are key to a child’s success in school and life. Our Carrollton reading and math tutors are available to help your child succeed in school. For students with academic challenges, our Carrollton reading and math tutoring programs may be helpful. At our Carrollton math and literacy center, your child may receive learning support services to help him catch up and stay on track.
Let's get started.
Schedule your FREE student placement evaluation below. Call us to request a time not listed.
That’s one step closer to mastery!
Learn as young as four.
Children can start learning to read and do basic math around age four and up.
Remove the school struggle.
Reduce homework stress by solidifying the foundation and filling in any holes and gaps.
Set a comfortable pace.
Your child will progress through the step-by-step curriculum at his or her own speed.
Master beyond grade level.
Without any pressure of grades, your student can tackle new concepts not yet learned in school.